msleighm

msleighm books

So many books, so little time...

Buy indie!

Great Stories of the Sea & Ships
Peter Hurd, N.C. Wyeth
The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra: A Discussion, Vol 1
Haruo Suda Katsuji Saito, Takanori Endo, Daisaku Ikeda
Advice to Writers: A Compendium of Quotes, Anecdotes, and Writerly Wisdom from a Dazzling Array of Literary Lights
Jon Winokur
Complete Works of Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde, Merlin Holland

American Rose: A Nation Laid Bare: The Life and Times of Gypsy Rose Lee

American Rose: A Nation Laid Bare: The Life and Times of Gypsy Rose Lee - Karen Abbott Fabulously researched with a wealth of information about GRL, her life *and* the times she lived. A bibliography I would be proud of collecting.

The loss of the fifth star is due to the disjointed story line and unanswered questions. I almost always prefer a linear storyline, I do understand what the author does here, and I appreciate the complexity of the story she is trying to tell; at the same time, I think she does herself a disservice by the jumping around, and she and her proofers missed a couple of holes that should have been filled.

She also included some wonderful photos, however missed several opportunities when she described photos, but didn't include the photographs.

Many, many thanks to my mom for getting this for me before it was even on my radar. I'm greatly looking forward to KA's next nonfiction.