msleighm

msleighm books

So many books, so little time...

Buy indie!

Great Stories of the Sea & Ships
Peter Hurd, N.C. Wyeth
The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra: A Discussion, Vol 1
Haruo Suda Katsuji Saito, Takanori Endo, Daisaku Ikeda
Advice to Writers: A Compendium of Quotes, Anecdotes, and Writerly Wisdom from a Dazzling Array of Literary Lights
Jon Winokur
Complete Works of Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde, Merlin Holland

The Greatest Game Ever Played: Harry Vardon, Francis Ouimet, and the Birth of Modern Golf - Mark Frost Wonderful, a page turner, there were times I couldn't put it down or was eager to get back to it.

It's a true story about the 1913 US Open and the various personalities involved.

If you are a golfer, you may love it.

If you are a wanna-be golfer (like me) and have a moderate understanding of the game you may love it (I did, I just skimmed when it got too detailed into the layout of the holes and how each person hit each ball at each hole-that could get a little tedious at times).

If you are not a golfer, the story is excellent and worth reading, however you may get stuck or "lost" with some of the explanations. It is worth reading for the story, maybe keep your computer (or a golfer) handy to find out what golf terms mean that you don't understand.