msleighm

msleighm books

So many books, so little time...

Buy indie!

Great Stories of the Sea & Ships
Peter Hurd, N.C. Wyeth
The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra: A Discussion, Vol 1
Haruo Suda Katsuji Saito, Takanori Endo, Daisaku Ikeda
Advice to Writers: A Compendium of Quotes, Anecdotes, and Writerly Wisdom from a Dazzling Array of Literary Lights
Jon Winokur
Complete Works of Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde, Merlin Holland

Crossings

Crossings - Robert Bruce Stewart Thank you very much to Robert Bruce Stewart for a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review.

Another Emmie and Harry Reese mystery (comedy). Turn of the 20th century insurance investigator and his liberated wife find death and solve crimes in a uniquely "Emmie" way.

I vacillated between 3 or 4 stars, since 3.5 isn't an option. I rounded up largely due to the fact that I love these characters, the narrator's (Harry in this case) is strong, and it's not the books fault that neither the stock market nor gambling interest me much so I had to concentrate to keep characters and plots clear. However, if you're more open or interested than I on those two subjects, that won't be an issue at all. And if you're reading the series (which you should if you enjoy this genre), you'll want to keep up with plot points and the introduction of new characters (and, as to be expected, they are characters!).